National statistics offices from the following countries have been invited to submit nominees for the course: China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Maldives, Mongolia, Philippines, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
The workshop is designed to increase the knowledge, enhance understanding and improve skills of participants related to the following:
- - Requirements and production process and the vital statistics system
- - Main estimates and indicators derived from vital statistics
- - Uses of vital statistics and related estimates and indicators
- - Quality assessment and assurance for vital statistics systems
- The training workshop is designed for statisticians of national statistics offices who are engaged in work closely related to the collection, production and compilation of vital statistics. The course will be beneficial to participants who need to update their knowledge on international standards and good practices and gain a broader knowledge of vital statistics systems and their outputs. As the sharing of experiences and practices is a key approach to the training modality, participants who have been engaged in analysing and assessing the quality of vital statistics can obtain feedback from co-participants and trainers. Those who are expected to deliver training in their respective offices will also benefit from the workshop.