Management Seminar for the Heads of National Statistical Offices in Asia and the Pacific
Ninth Management Seminar for the Heads of National Statistical Offices in Asia and the Pacific
31 August - 2 September 2010
Developing Professional Capability for National Statistical Systems
- To strengthen capability in the area of leadership and management in statistics with a view to enhancing statistical capacities in support of inclusive and sustainable development.
- To provide an opportunity to learn experiences and analyze major success and challenges in regard to developing and maintaining professional capability of staff of national statistics offices.
Documents for the Meeting
- Annotations to the Provisional Programme
- Provisional Programme
- List of Participants (pdf)
- Information Note for Participants [For participants funded by SIAP/ESCAP and IMF]
- Information Note for Participants [For participants funded from own sources]
Presentations and Papers
Welcoming Remarks (UNSD)
Welcoming Remarks (MIC)
Welcoming Remarks (IMF)
Keynote speech: “Paving New Direction in Official Statistics: The Role of Heads of NSOs”
Comments and presentation - Malaysia
Session 1: What capability is needed by NSOs now and into the future, and How achieved?
Presentation 1: What “essential professional skills” all NSOs should be striving to develop and maintain
Presentation 2: Country experience - Australia
Presentation 3: Country experience - Indonesia
Session 2: Getting the right balance between internal capability and utilizing external professional skiills
Presentation 4: Country practices and the role of heads of NSOs in statistical capability building
Presentation 5: Country experience - Islamic Republic of Iran
Presentation 6: Country experience – New Zealand
Presentations 7: International organizations and what they offer
Session 3: NSO leadership in developing statistical capability across the national statistical services
Presentations 8: Country experience - Philippines
Presentations 9: Country experience - Singapore
Session 4: Developing a framework for building statistical capability
Presentation 10: SIAP’s Core Skills Framework
Presentation 11: NSDS: A means to mobilize and co-ordinate resources- PARIS21
1. Afghanistan (pdf) 2.
3. Bangladesh (pdf) 4.
5. Cambodia (pdf) 6.
Hong Kong, China (pdf) 8. India (pdf)
10. Islamic Republic of Iran (pdf)
12. Lao People's Democratic (pdf)
13. Macao, China (pdf) 14.
15. Maldives (pdf) 16.
17. Myanmar (pdf) 18.
New Zealand (pdf)
21. Papua New Guinea(pdf) 22.
23. Republic of Korea (pdf)
Sri Lanka (pdf)
27. Thailand (pdf) 28.
29. Tonga (pdf) 30.
31. Vietnam (pdf)
Output of Group Work
Ninth Management Seminar for the Heads of National Statistical Offices in Asia and the Pacific31 August - 2 September 2010
Documents for the Meeting